THE DISCOVERY OF PETER'S TOMB IN JERUSALEM - 1953 by F. Paul Peterson
While visiting a friend in Switzerland, I heard about what I believe is one of the greatest discoveries since the time of Christ: that Peter was buried in Jerusalem and not in Rome. The source of this uncontrolled news, written in Italian, was not clear, and left considerable room for doubt or rather questioning. Rome was the place where I could investigate the matter, and if that experience was encouraging, a trip to Jerusalem might be necessary in order to gather valuable first-hand information on the subject. I then went to Rome. After speaking to many priests and checking various sources of information, I was eventually greatly rewarded in learning where I could buy the only recognized book on the subject which was also written in Italian. Its title is: "The excavations of Dominus Flevit." Printed in 1958 at the PP Franciscan printing house in Jerusalem. It was written by PB Bagatti and JT Milik, both Roman Catholic priests. There was the story of the di...

Commenti
Posta un commento